26 October, 2019
Puff Pastry Turnover RecipeComments : 2 Posted in : Baking on by : Reena Govender Tags: cake flour, fresh cream, puff pastry
Reena’s back and shows us another recipe using puff pastry. Today she makes turnovers with fresh cream. Enjoy.
|Egg (or milk if you’re a vegetarian)
|Fresh cream (Alternatively jam,
custard or whatever you prefer)
- Sprinkle the flour on the cutting board to prevent the pastry from sticking.
- Roll out the pastry if necessary and cut into strips.
- Cut the strips into square pieces.
- Fold the pieces diagonally to make triangles or fold in half, lengthwise to make rectangles.
- Dip your fingers in water and press the ends down to seal it.
- Sprinkle cake flour on the baking pan to prevent the turnovers from sticking to the bottom.
- Beat the egg and brush the turnovers with it.
- Place in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes at 165 degrees Celcius.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on the turnovers while hot and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, cut the turnover along one side and add your preferred filling.
Fresh Cream Preparation
Add 2.5 tablespoons of icing sugar to 500ml of fresh cream and whisk it thoroughly for 2-3 minutes.