6 April, 2019
Trotters & Beans Curry Recipe
Elaine joins Michelle on this episode and returns to show us how to cook trotters and beans curry. This lip thickening, mouth-watering meal (you know what we mean) is a favorite of many South Africans. It will definitely put a spring in your step.
|Oil||1 chopped, onion|
|2 grated, tomato||Curry leaves|
|Ground ginger & garlic||2 star anise|
|2 bay leaf||2 cinnamon sticks|
|1 serving spoon (approx. 10|
|Dhania (Corriander)||1 cup, boiled sugar beans|
|1 dozen, boiled lamb trotters|
- Cut off any hair & wash the trotters
- Boil the trotters with 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, and ground ginger & garlic. It will take approximately 1½ hours to boil.
- Keep some of the liquid from the boiling process to add to the curry.
- Boil the sugar beads (Takes approximately 30-45mins)
- Heat the oil & add the onion.
- Add the star anise, bay leaf, cinnamon, and masala.
- Add the trotters thereafter and allow it to braise.
- Add the tomato, stir and allow it to cook for 15mins.
- Add the boiled beans and salt to taste then allow it to cook for another 15 mins.