9 November, 2019
Soji Ball Recipe
Comments : 2 Posted in : Baking, Confectionery on by : Reena Govender
- 500g, Semolina
- 100g, Margarine (Alternatively Butter or Ghee)
- 250g, Desiccated coconut
- 50g, Thill
- 1 teaspoon, Elachie powder
- 385g, condensed milk (1 can)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the semolina, desiccated coconut, thill and elachie powder.
- Allow the mixture to brown in the pan while stirring regularly.
- Once it starts to brown evenly, take it off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, add the condensed milk and mix it thoroughly.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls. If you notice that the balls are breaking while you are rolling it, wet your hands and try again. It works better when your hands are slightly wet.
My motto when cooking:
“I’ll never attempt cooking if I’m angry or sad… It shows in my food!”